How Do I Obtain A Tattoo Artist License
- Complete an in its entirety, including the name of the Tattoo Establishment where you will work or intend to work.
- Complete a Department approved Bloodborne Pathogen and Communicable Diseases training course with a passing score of at least 70% on the examination.
- Submit completed , $60 state license fee, copy of certificate of completion from a Department approved bloodborne pathogens and communicable diseases course, and a copy of a government-issued photo ID to the local Department of Health office in the county having jurisdiction of the tattooing program in the county in which you reside. It is also recommended that you contact the local Department of Health office to learn if there are any additional local fees for the license.
Is The Tattoo Establishment License Transferrable From Location To Location
- No. A Tattoo Establishment License is not transferrable from one location to another.
- Should you wish to relocate your tattoo establishment, you will need to begin the licensure process by submitting a completed to the local Department of Health office and scheduling an inspection. A new license must be issued before practicing tattooing at the new location.
Can I Get A Tattoo License For My Mobile Tattoo Unit
The Florida Statutes do not provide provisions for issuing an annual tattoo establishment license for a mobile tattoo unit. A temporary tattoo establishment license may be issued for a mobile tattoo unit, providing the tattooing is at a convention or other similar event and the mobile unit meets the same licensure requirements as a permanent tattoo establishment. The temporary license may be issued for up to 14 consecutive days at a single location.
Also Check: Live Through This Tattoo Shop
Most States Have Minimum Age Requirements That State You Must Be At Least 18 Years Old To Get A Tattoo
Florida department of health is responsible for issuing the tattoo artist license in the state of florida. In the united states there is no federal law regulating the practice of tattooing.however, all 50 states and the district of columbia have statutory laws requiring a person receiving a tattoo be at least 18 years old. The tattoo age in virginia is 18.
Daytona Beach Premier Tattoo Studio
We’re located right off the beach in Daytona Beach Shores, Florida. Whether you are a local Daytona Beach resident or just here for a visit, we can design an extra-special and memorable tattoo for you.
Our studio employs only the best award winning, custom artists for those who want one of a kind designs. We have thousands of designs to choose from or you are welcome to bring in your own artwork. Cover ups are a challenge that our artists are enthused about replacing with a quality piece that you will now enjoy.
Take a moment to view our artist’s work in the slideshow or brush up on tattoo and piercing care in the aftercare sections. Not sure where we are located? Check out the driving directions.
Still got questions? Don’t hesitate to contact us. Stop back by again soon to check out the latest and greatest designs that come out of Generation X tattoo studio.
Read Also: Best Lotion For New Tattoo Care
You Must Be Familiar With Graphic Design
Tattooing is based on theories of color, line, and texture that come from graphic design. You have to take those theories and create incredible images, then you must transfer those images onto the skin.
Many graphic design classes focus on using Adobe software and other technology. This can help you understand the principles of graphic design. But you should try to find classes that will let you carry out those principles by hand.
Keep in mind that each design requires different elements. Repetition may be important when you are drawing a mountain range, but it is not as important when you are drawing a stream. You need to know how to adjust elements from piece to piece.
Tattooing Requires Many Techniques
Creating contrast is what makes tattoos seem deep and lifelike. To create a good contrast, your light and dark colors need to be balanced.
You cant just use black and white. You need to use grays and shades of white and black so nothing seems too jarring.
When you are tattooing an entire scene on someone, you have to figure out where the light source is. This lets you depict realistic shadows and gradients. You also need to create a realistic perspective using vanishing lines.
Each style of tattooing relies on these techniques in different ways. The Americana style uses a limited color palette to create bright and prominent contrasts. The New School style has a cartoony aesthetic, so the colors are bright and the lines are thick.
Dont worry about what style you fall into. But you should try your hand at various tattooing techniques. As you hone your craft, you can pick a style of tattooing and pursue your talents in that style.
Recommended Reading: Can Insurance Cover Tattoo Removal
Is The Tattoo Establishment License Transferrable From Person To Person
- No. A Tattoo Establishment License is not transferrable from one person to another.
- Should you purchase a tattoo shop, you will need to begin the licensure process by submitting a completed to the local Department of Health office and scheduling an inspection. A new license must be issued before practicing tattooing under the new ownership.
Can You Get A Tattoo At 15 In Florida
Can You Get A Tattoo At 15 In Florida. Florida law does not stipulate a minimum age if the minor has parental consent. The competition has risen and hence so our problem of finding the one artist.
Under current florida law, anyone can have a tattoo, but those younger than age 18 require a notarized consent form signed by a parent or legal guardian. The state of florida requires that all minors be at least 16 years of age to be tattooed. There are 38 states that allow minors to have their tattoos done with the express consent of their parents or guardians, or when accompanied by a parent.
In addition, this form is also widely used for minors seeking tattoos and piercings in accordance with the respective state laws. Can you be 17 and get a tattoo in florida?
A tattoo can be gotten by anyone at any age, technically speaking. Florida department of health is responsible for issuing the tattoo artist license in the state of florida.
Can i get a tattoo at 16? However, others know exactly what they want when they sit down in the chair.
Minors can get piercings with if they bring a parent or legal guardian to the appointment with them to sign consent form. Can you be 14 and get a tattoo in florida?
ear lobe piercing. Star of turkish reality show becomes a laughing stock due to.
Also Check: Best Portrait Tattoo Artist San Antonio
Why We Do What We Do
Success in the tattoo business is quite an accomplishment, longevity even rarer. Willie, at Tropical Tattoos has both under his belt. In business at the same locations since 1990, he understands that bikes and tattoos just go together.
Willie has seen the tattoo industry go from being subculture to mainstream over the years. When Willie became interested in having tattoos and developing it as a way of life, it was the fringe of society that belonged to that culture. Getting a tat was a statement. He still uses that statement on his shirts: Im Not Your Role Model.
Just as the biker culture has been enveloped into mainstream life, so has the art of tattoos. Women and men from all walks of life, for all purposes, now come into tattoo parlours for their permanent inking.
Willie warns all considering body art to not take getting tatted lightly. Things to consider:
If you are sunburned, wait until you heal before getting a tattoo. The colours will not hold well on sunburned skin.
Alcohol impairs judgment and can cause increased bleeding. Do not drink before having a tattoo.
Research the establishment and view the artist portfolio.
Do not get a tattoo on a dare.
This is permanent. If you have any doubts about getting a tattoo, you are not ready.
Willies Tropical Tattoos is a member of the Alliance of Professional Tattooists and has been featured in magazines in Germany, France, Italy, Japan along with multiple articles in the U.S.
If Our Mobile Tattoo Unit Would Be Stationary At A Flea Market At All Times Of Operation Could We Obtain A Tattoo Establishment License What About A Temporary License For The Same During Festivals
- The unit must be incapable of being moved in order for it to be licensed as a tattoo establishment. The application requires the establishment to be a Fixed Location or Temporary Location. Fixed is defined in Rule 64E-28.002, of the Florida Administrative Code, as incapable of being moved. If you are able to meet this requirement, you may be able to receive an annual license.
How Do I Obtain A Copy Of My Tattoo Artist Or Establishment License
- To obtain a copy of the Tattoo Artist License, please contact the local Department of Health office in the county having jurisdiction of the tattooing program in the county in which you reside.
- To obtain a copy of the Tattoo Establishment License, please contact the local Department of Health office in the county having jurisdiction of the tattooing program in the county in which the business resides.
Tattooing Is Physically Difficult
While you are tattooing, you will be bending over another person, hunching your back and shoulders. You will hold onto the tattoo machine with your fingertips, straining your hand and wrist.
Many tattoo artists experience back, arm, and neck pain after a few years on the job. You can avoid this by sitting upright whenever you can. While you are talking with clients, straighten your back and keep your skull on top of your spine.
You can perform a few lower back stretches to reduce your pain. You can lift your knee to your chest while flexing your lower back muscles. Try to perform a stretch at the start of your workday so you are more flexible and less tense.
You May Like: Tattoo Removal Surgery Before And After
Who Should The Check Be Written To
- For the Tattoo Artist License, please make the check payable to the local Department of Health office having jurisdiction of the program in the county in which you reside.
- For the Tattoo Establishment License, please make the check payable to the local Department of Health office having jurisdiction of the program in the county in which the business is located.
- You may access County Health Department contact information using the following link: County Health Department Contact Information
Can You Be 14 And Get A Tattoo In Florida
The younger the age, the lower the chances of getting a tattoo.
Minors are often excluded from demographics that are eligible for tattoos. So if you are 14 and live in the state, your best option is to wait until youre of legal age.
Not that its risky or anything, but minors are presumed to lack the maturity to make informed decisions.
As a result, they usually dont have the same legal rights as adults.
That being said, the door is open, although specific requirements should be met before the artist can proceed. Otherwise, their action would be regarded as unlawful and punishable.
Also Check: How Much To Get A Tattoo Lasered Off
You Should Get Training
You are not required to get training in order to become a tattoo artist. But all of the best tattoo artists have training. You will have more career opportunities and better skills if you go and get a tattooing degree.
Tattoo artist training is similar to a liberal arts college education. You learn about many different areas that affect tattooing, including the history of tattooing. You can learn about artistry ethics, business practices, and client care.
Dont pick the first tattoo artist school you see. Look at a few different options and assess each ones strengths and weaknesses.
Training classes are short. You can receive a tattoo artist degree in less than a year. You can work or take classes at other schools while you are pursuing your tattooing degree.
What Our Clients Are Saying
“I scheduled before we came for vacation. Got matching tattoos with my best friend. Great service! Went over everything carefully with us. The lady behind the desk made it super comfortable for us and offered us water while we waited! Color is very vibrant and he done an amazing job! Very clean and professional! Will definitely go back!”
“We had an absolutely amazing experience here with Jim. He hand designed our tattoos for me and my wife and stayed hours after they closed to get them both done. They look amazing and we highly recommend coming here for a tattoo while in PCB.”
“Great place to get a tattoo! Riley is an amazing artist and next time we are in the area I will be going back to her to get another one! The shop is very clean and the artist are very personable and friendly! And the price for what we got was great!”
Frequently Asked Questions
Read Also: Is It Ok To Get A Tattoo With Psoriasis
You Should Be Good At Drawing
Tattooing is a lot like drawing. You need to draw concept art for your clients so they can understand what your tattoos will look like. You may need to make quick drawings, as your clients suggest edits to your concept art.
You then need to use tattoo machines to draw the ink on your clients bodies. The difference between drawing and tattooing is the skin. Someones skin may have abrasions or rough spots, and you have to hold the tattoo equipment steady over these areas.
You dont need an art degree in order to get into a tattoo artist school. But it is a good idea to get a formal education in drawing.
You should also draw as a hobby. If you want to stick to drawing, you can sell drawings while you start becoming a tattoo artist. This gives you an alternate income stream that can help you cover your expenses or pay for art school.
Turning Dreams Into Ink: The Award
Expressing yourself has never felt so powerful. At Inkaholik, the award-winning parlor in Miami, our tattoo artists are ready to make your artistic dreams become a reality. This incredible studio has the best color realism tattoo artists, taking tattoos to a whole new level. With a wide range of body art services, including black/grey realism, blackwork, watercolor, tribal, cover-ups, sleeves, simple, neo & traditional, Japanese tattoos, couples, and lettering, the ways to express yourself with a tattoo has truly become limitless. Bring in your own ideas, or even your photographs to be used as your tattoo design. Or, have one of our artists use their creative talent to initially put your ideas onto paper before turning them into ink. The inner passion that drives our artists to create beautiful artwork has never failed to amaze our customers. Check out our large art gallery that highlights how we have helped countless other people turn their dreams into ink.
Inkaholik was also voted the best for piercings in Miami. All of our body piercing artists are certified by the State of Florida in order to make sure your piercings are meaningful and 100% safe. Some of the piercings include ear piercing, naval piercings, eyebrow piercing, and nipple piercing. The goal of our piercings is to make every person feel confident and comfortable with their body, and our state-of-the-art staff will make sure that every customer receives just that.
Recommended Reading: Can I Remove My Tattoo Completely
What Courses Are Approved For The Bloodborne Pathogen Training
- You may access all Department approved providers for the Bloodborne Pathogen and Communicable Diseases Course using the following link: Bloodborne Pathogen Course Providers.
- Please note, some providers have several versions of bloodborne pathogen courses which are specific to a particular state’s requirements. Be sure that you have completed a course specific to Florida’s requirements found in Rule 64E-28.006, Florida Administrative Code.
You Need To Build A Portfolio
Once youve studied the essentials, you can start on your portfolio. Some tattoo shops ask for a portfolio of dozens of pieces when they are considering job applicants.
Dont rush the creation of your portfolio. Learn how to build a portfolio by trying out different things and showing your talents in a variety of styles. You can include black-and-white designs alongside full-color ones.
Do not commit plagiarism. It is okay to get inspiration from established artists. But you should never copy another artists work, even if you are only copying a single element of their work.
You should also avoid submitting photos of tattoos you have done. You need a license in order to make tattoos. Once you become an established artist, you can include photos alongside concept art.
Also Check: Laser Tattoo Removal Equipment Cost
If I Have A Cosmetology License Do I Need A Tattoo Artist License To Provide Microblading Services
- A person that tattoos the body of any human being is required to obtain a license as a tattoo artist, the exception to this is a person licensed to practice medicine or dentistry under chapter 458, chapter 459, or chapter 466 who performs tattooing exclusively for medical or dental purposes.