What About Power Supplies With Digital Displays And Memory Settings
Lets talk very briefly about power supplies that have digital displays and memory settings. I definitely prefer these types of PSs.
- As a habit, I make sure that my tattoo machines are tuned mechanically first. This works great because the PS I use has memory settings built-in to remember which voltage is set for a specific type of tattoo machine . There are differences and you will see what I mean when you begin and become more confident in your skills and knowledge.
- What I like the most about the digital display PS is that you can see how much voltage you are using and you can also tell if the capacitor is being faulty, because the voltage will different than normal. Also, for the lazy, you can visually set the power settings.
How To Choose A High
If you are planning to purchase a new tattoo power supply, it is advisable to cross-reference the same with the concerned tattoo machine. This way, you can select the one with the best voltage range. Selecting the best tattoo power supplies also concerns cable compatibility, the nature of the display, and foot pedal compatibility!
Also, it is best advised to purchase a power supply that is compatible with most machines and even allows you to be more scalable with tattooing i.e. by allowing you to pair two machines at once.
How To Set Up A Tattoo Power Supply
Before we start this post about the best tattoo power supplies, it is necessary to understand how the setup works. Be it a rotary tattoo machine that doesnt make a lot of noise or powerful and pricey coil tattoo machines that are best known for the lasting buzz, tattoo power supplies need to be set up rather perfectly.
For getting started, you need to connect the machine to the power supply, using the existing power cord. You also need to fix the pedal modes and switch on the machine. As tattoo power supplies come with LCD displays, you can adjust the voltage, depending on the type of design.
The best-case scenario is to choose a tattoo supply that can operate between 4V to 12V, as for lining you would require something close to 8V whereas shading might stretch you to even 10 volts.
You May Like: Maybelline Tattoo Studio Gel Pencil Liner How To Sharpen
Tattoo Machine Power Supply Kit W/ 2 Clip Cord & Foot Pedal
Digital Dual Tattoo Power Supply with 2pcs clip cord and stainless steel flat foot pedal. Professional quality and built to last. These units are powerful and operate trouble-free. LCD display with volts, can easily switch between liner or shader mode.
Digital Dual Tattoo Power Supply:
Pro-quality, digital power supply system.
Can easily switch between liner or shader mode.
Fully-adjustable output with dual precision power dials.
Precision regulated stable current output 1.5-18v
LCD Display with current volts.
Overload protection built in.
U.S. Standard power plug included.
Input: 110v / 220v
Dimension: 5.5 x 4.5 x 2.8
2pcs Flexible Tattoo Machine Clip Cord:
Condition: Brand New
Flexible Tattoo Machine Clip Cord
Checklist For Setting Up Your Power Supply
You May Like: Black And White Tattoo Supply
What Do I Need To Check To Make Sure The Machine Is Mechanically Set Up Correctly
- for a dime-sized width gap between the machine contact screw and front spring.
- that the clip cord is connected snugly in its appropriate slots.
- that the needle is inserted correctly into the tattoo tube.
These factors will make a huge difference in the performance of your machine. Once you have ensured that everything is set up correctly, youre ready for the next step.
Digital display can be a little on the pricey side.
Critical Wireless Foot Pedal
- Improved shielding to limit debris getting inside the pedal
- Better response with one central switch vs multiple contact springs
- Uses 2 AAA batteries that last 3 years of daily tattooing
- Spun, anodized aluminum top
- Can also be used wired with any standard clip cord
- Run as many as you want in one place without interference
- Compatible with all past and future Critical power supply models
- Dimensions: 5 inch Diameter, 1 inch height, 8.6 ounce weight
- Comprehensive 2 year manufacturer warranty
Don’t Miss: Tattoo Shops In Gloucester Va
Words To Know When Shopping For A Power Supply
A solid power supply is just as important as the coil or rotary machine that its powering. When youre out looking for which one to invest in, there are a few words you should be familiar with that arent warranty. Here are 5 terms thatll make you a little more electrically savvy before you shop for your next power supply:
How Do Tattoo Power Supplies Work
Every tattoo machine has electrical components that are driven either by battery power or an external power source. In case you want to select the one that pairs with a power supply, it is necessary to compare the voltage rating of the machine with the voltage range of the power supply before proceeding.
Once the right supply is identified, you need to connect the same to the machine. The foot pedal connected to the power supply allows you to modulate the voltage as per the design, hit, and tattoo style.
Also Check: Tattoo Shops In Sunrise Florida
Foot Pedal & Footswitch To Control Your Gear
Foot pedal and footswitch are the controllers that control the electric circuitry that powers your machine from your power supply. Foot pedals can come as wired or wireless. Typically all will use a phono 1/4 plug connector, with the exception of specialty brands like Cheyenne which uses a 3.5mm plug. These pieces can be made brass, plastic, steel, nickel and even wood! We have a lot of really cool designs that you can checkout!
Itatoo Tattoo Foot Pedal For Tattoo Power Supply Tattoo Machine Stainless Steel Heavy Duty Tattoo Foot Switch Pedal 59 Ft Pedal Power Cord N1007
- Material: The foot pedal is made by Stainless Steel. The outer wire is Silicone rubber.
- Applicability:1.8Metres Length Black Wire,1/4″ Mono Plug. The foot pedal is suitable for any tattoo power supply.
- Convenience: Easy to carry, easy to store and easy to clean. ITATOO foot pedal can improve your work efficiency.
- Strong sensitivity: Trample at will, easy to start The foot pedal is deeply loved by tattoo artists from all walks of life!
- High comfort: Soft, wear-resistant, high and low temperature resistant, moderate weight. Non-skid base, easy your job.
Recommended Reading: Independent Tattoo St Joseph Mo
Itatoo Stainless Steel Tattoo Foot Pedal
We have done investigations and found that a good foot pedal must have high sensitivity and strong durability. Of course, appearance is also very important.
ITATOO Stainless Steel Tattoo Foot Pedal is designed by ourselves. The appearance is simple and atmospheric, deeply loved by tattoo artists from all walks of life!
Many experiments and improvements have also made it more sensitive. Stainless steel material provides the best durability.
You will have a nice tattoo work with ITATOO Stainless Steel Tattoo Foot Pedal.
Which Power Supply Should You Use
There are a ton of power supplies to choose from, but every brand offers the same thing: a controlled flow of electricity from their product to your machine. This enables you to tattoo at a much steadier and speedier rate than if you did it without power.
This I’m sure of: No matter which you choose, it will basically work like the rest of the others on the market. Each make and model will offer different physical features, but its basic purpose is the same.
You May Like: 7th Street Tattoo Terre Haute
How To Check Your Basic Tattoo Machine
- If you purchased a tattoo kit, it is always best to check your equipment out. You’d be surprised by what you might find.
- Check all the screws on your machine. Over time, vibration can cause those screws to loosen, which causes faulty running of the machine.
- You should have a gap of about a dimes width between the machine contact screw and front spring.
- Finally , before you set up, take some emery cloth and go over your contact screw a few times. This removes the built-up carbon on the end of the contact point and allows for better electrical contact.
This is the power supply model I am currently using. It works as good as the $200 power supply and saves me $120.
Best Tattoo Power Supply
Identifying the 10 best tattoo power supplies wasnt easy. However, experts at Tattoo Machine Guns tested close to 30 digital tattoo power supplies across diverse parameters like overall power, range, voltage adjusting capabilities, types of meter, overall connectivity, and price.
Here are the 10 tattoo power supplies that could make the cut:
Recommended Reading: How Much Does Tattoo Removal Cost At Laseraway
How To Tune Your Machine Without A Digital Reader On Your Power Source
- Looking at the armature bar nipple, working under an extremely strong source of fluorescent light, if the PS is providing a perfect flow of electricity, you will notice that the armature bar nipple moves in a figure 8.
- I dont know the exact technical jargon, but basically, you are tuning your machine by the fluorescent light as if it were timing light.
- If you do see that figure 8 movement as the tattoo machine is running, then chances are that the machine is ready for tattooing.
Under fluorescent lights, keep your tattoo machine running. If it running perfectly, you will see an obvious figure 8 on the armature nipple.
Which Tattoo Power Supply Is The Best Digital Or Analog
It eventually depends on your preferences and skill levels. A digital power supply showcases a digitized interface, which is easy to read and calibrate. While we have no negative bias towards tattoo power supplies, they arent easy enough to use and not meant for beginners.
Therefore, if seamlessness is one of your priorities, it is better to opt for the digital tattoo power supply. On the other hand, analog supplies are cheaper and often ineffective for beginners.
Also Check: Good Tattoo Shops In Orlando
The Mysterious Secrets Of Sunflower Tattoos
Here is my power supply not drawing any electrical current.