How To Prepare For A Lip Tattoo
The first step is to determine precisely what kind of tattoo youre looking for, and whether you want it on the outside or inside of your lips.
Dont brush your teeth or drink anything prior to your appointment. You should expect the process to be painful. Tattoo artists dont use anesthetics, as these can interfere with the process.
Perhaps more importantly, youll want to be prepared for any aftercare instructions your artist recommends, including how to keep the tattoo dry the first day and how to clean it properly. Such techniques will prevent infections.
Lip Blush Tattoo Costs
The cost of a lip blush tattoo will vary depending on your location and the studio or artist you choose to do your procedure. Prices can range between $400 and $1,500.
Many tattoo artists that specialize in lip blush tattoos will require a deposit in order to book an appointment.
Kondratyev says that her pricing is $400 for the first session, $200 for a second session, and $300 for a refresh appointment that can happen anywhere between 6 and 18 months after the initial procedure.
If it is your first time getting a lip blush tattoo, you may need two sessions to achieve the look you want. Kondratyev recommends that all new lip blush clients come in for two sessions.
The first session establishes the blush on the lips, and the second session touches up anything that may have healed unevenly, she says. Minor tweaks can be tended to on the second session as well as just adding final saturation.
Even though lip blush tattoos can last a few years, the color can start to fade. Sun exposure, smoking, and using exfoliating products on your lips can cause fading to happen faster. To keep the color and lines fresh, Kondratyev suggests yearly refresh appointments to add to the overall look and longevity.
How Does Microart Eliminate Side
- Equipment: Specialized equipment developedfor unrivaled precision.
- Clinics: MicroArt procedures are performed in a medical office and surpassing stringent County Health Department inspections.
- Products: Mineral pigments developed that will not change color and are safe for your skin.
- Technique: A technique developed over the years to ensure the ideal, custom shape and color is provided to each client
- Technicians: All technicians are personally trained by MicroArts founder and are not licensed until her work is indistinguishable from our founders
Don’t Miss: Best Tattoo Shops In Savannah Ga
Interview With Cosmetic Tattoo Artist Melissa Brockfield
For that “just bitten” look
Ever since Kylie Jenner told the lie heard round the world about whether or not her perfectly plump pout was real, people have been doing unspeakable things in the name of beauty. Need we remind you of the Kylie Jenner lip challenge that plagued 2015? Once the blood in everyones horrendously large lips began circulating again and returned to their brains, cosmetic companies and beauty aficionados alike decided that perhaps lip contouring was the more prudent option. Since then, weve been #blessed with many a kit to make our pouts look a bit more like Angelina and less like Janice.
The trend has since moved on to the cosmetic tattoo industry, where in addition to permanent lipstick, artists are beginning to tinker with lip blush for more natural look. If youve ever wished you could wake up with that no makeup-makeup look or like youve been constantly sucking on a cherry popsicle, this might just be the thing for you. A slight flush of color, a constant pout, and minimal healing time this might just be the best cosmetic tattoo yet. We recently sat down with artist Melissa Brockfield to find out a little more about this cosmetic tattoo procedure.
Tattoodo: What is the difference between permanent cosmetic lipstick and lip blushing?
How To Fix Bad Lip Tattoo
It might seem like a good idea to choose a lower-cost, or first-available option when scheduling lip tattoo. This can sometimes lead to unexpected or undesirable results. Receiving bad lip tattoo can be emotionally difficult, time consuming, and cost considerably more than if you had made a different choice.
If you or someone you know has recently had a bad experience with lip tattoo then please consider these options:
- Immediately make contact with your lip professional so that they can hear your feedback, and provide you with guidance and instruction. If they are unwilling to work with you then reach out to their master trainer, or certifying body in case they can refer you to an alternative resource.
- If your lip professional is no longer available, or you do not feel comfortable working with them again then you can also ask your social network for recommendations for a new provider, sending them the criteria from this webpage.
Keep in mind that lip tattoo cannot be removed from the lips. So making the right choice is very important.
Also Check: How Much To Erase A Tattoo
So Let’s Get Real How Much Does It Hurt
Everyone is super nervous when they come for lip tattooing.
The lips are full of blood vessels and nerve endings so its natural to be a little apprehensive about the level of discomfort during lip treatments.
Most people that I have performed lip tattoos for, are pleasantly surprised at how gentle the treatments actually are. Numbing creams can be used prior to and during your treatments to control discomfort, although most people do not need alot of numbing cream due to how gentle the technique is.
Here Are The Top Benefits Of Getting A Lip Tattoo:
1. It can help you look younger – as we age, we lose the radiance and plumpness that our younger skin gives and sometimes that means we lose the natural pink tones in our lips. They just tend to look more ‘dull’ the older we get 2. It stays on all day and night! – It won’t smudge off, smear, or give those little kiss prints on our loved ones faces. 3. It saves you bucket loads of time when getting ready….AND less to remove at night! Win! 4. It can last between 1-5 years – This really depends on how your body heals, everyone is different…but it’s super low maintenance.5. Saves you money on makeup purchases 6. Your lips will look fuller, more defined, and balanced. This is also a huge benefit for those that have difficulties with eyesight or medical conditions that prevent them from being able to apply their makeup.7. Perfect for those that are allergic to conventional makeup
You May Like: Can I Get A Tattoo While Pregnant
How Long Does Lip Blushing Last
Typically, lip blushing lasts between two to three years and will gradually lighten and fade over time, until your lips slowly return to their natural hue. So your lips will look far lighter after two years than they will after six months, which is why many tattoo artists recommend yearly refresh sessions to prolong the lip shade you want.
Lip Tattoo Fast Facts
- Lip tattoos are done on either the inside or outside of your lips. Permanent makeup may also be tattooed on your lips.
- Choosing a reputable tattoo artist and shop can help reduce the risk of complications. Infections are more common with this type of tattoo though, since its hard to keep them clean.
- The mouth is an extremely sensitive area, making tattoos around the lips painful.
- On average, a lip tattoo costs about $50 or more.
- Lip tattoos fade quicker than other parts of the body. You may need a touch-up every few months, while most tattoos last for years.
Whether you get a tattoo on the inside or outside of your lips, you should know that both can be painful and prone to infection. Its important to know all the facts about these trendy tattoos to see if theyre worth it for you.
Also Check: What Is A Tattoo Festival
Is Microart Right For You
You might be suffering from thin, uneven eyebrows or you may have even lost your eyebrows altogether due to aging or illness. Powders and pencils can help to fill in uneven brows but they are time-consuming to apply and smear easily. Tattooed eyebrows look harsh.
MicroArt clients are both male and female, all ethnicities between the ages of 21-96. Our clients range from celebrities, high fashion models, busy housewives, seniors, cancer survivors, people with thyroid disorders, people with busy and active lifestyles including men.
Get Perfect Lips All Day Long With Vink
At V·ink Cosmetic Tattoo, we offer a range of cosmetic lip tattoos including lip line tattooing, lip liner and blend tattooing, and full lip OR LIP BLUSH tattooing. Whatever effect youre after, we have treatments to make your lips look shapely and flushed with colour! For the kissable lips you desire, call us today on 0450 846 955 or book online.
Copyright 2018 V.ink Cosmetic tattoo
Don’t Miss: Can You Tattoo Over Psoriasis
What Is Lip Blushing
Lip blushing is a form of semi-permanent makeup. Essentially, it is a cosmetic tattoo of the lips that enhances the beauty of the natural lip color, improving the shape of the lips, giving definition and the illusion of fullness, said Christina Son, owner of Sugarin Studio in Los Angeles. This treatment delivers very natural results, once healed. Filler is great for creating volume in your lips, but lip blush delivers a more natural look and give the illusion of fuller lips.
Here’s how it works: A tiny mechanized needle deposits pigment into the lips, which builds layers of color. Son explained that it can be a corrective service to help even out the tone of the lips, but it can also help with asymmetry. The service can cost anywhere between $500-$1500 per appointment, depending on where you live.
Unlike traditional permanent cosmetic tattoos, lip blushing is an evolved service thats meant to provide natural looking, long-lasting results. Christopher Drummond, licensed aesthetician and cosmetic tattoo master at PFRANKMD Skin Salon in New York, who has been offering permanent makeup services for the past seven years, has seen the evolution first-hand.
Traditional permanent makeup uses a strong machine, synthetic pigments, and is embedded deep in the dermis. The permanent makeup of today is very differentwe use organic pigments and modern, digital tools, he said. The results are much more natural looking.
How Long Does Lip Blush Take To Heal
It takes about two weeks to see the final color, usually, it gets lighter after healing. The second treatment should be done after 6-8 weeks from the first session. Lips peel for about a week but they are not fully ready for touch up. Lips look healed after 7-14 days, but full healing is after about 4 weeks. Healing time is individual, also age is a big factor. During the healing period, it is important to avoid makeup on lips and around the lip area. Lips go through a couple of phases of peeling, regeneration, and rebuilding itself. After the initial session, they might need more work on color and border.
Read Also: How Long Does Tattooed Eyeliner Last
Are You Prone To Cold Sores
Everyone carries the gene, but not everyone has a breakout. Your lips will be going through trauma and if you’re prone to cold sores, you will want to either get anti-viral medication from your GP, or get some over the counter viral medication such as Zovirax and use that a week before your procedure.
Lip Tattoo Maintenance Considerations
You should take note of several important things to maintain your lips. Remember:
- Find a Skincare Routine. Great skin is the best foundation for any permanent makeup service. Adopt a consistent skincare routine and tackle any skincare concerns before investing in permanent makeup.
- Maintain Your Skincare Routine. Adequately protected and hydrated skin that balances any excess oil is critical to support longer-lasting lip tattoo.
- Schedule Your Appointments Around Botox, Fillers, or Surgery. Be sure to leave yourself enough space on either side of a Botox or filler service and up to a month before or after any plastic surgery.
- Temporarily Set Aside Exfoliants and Active Skincare. For the week before and after your lip tattoo avoid any skincare services or products that require the skin to undergo controlled injury and healing. Be sure to consult with the precare and aftercare instructions provided by your lip professional.
- Avoid The Sun. Prevent from burning and prolonged exposure to sun around your lip tattoo appointment. Support your lip tattoo pigment retention by avoiding sun tanning/burning altogether.
- Plan Ahead. Great lip tattoo professionals are often booked for months in advance. Be sure to pre-book your touch-ups and annual colour boosts.
- Schedule Your Lips Regularly. Be sure to schedule your annual colour boosts in advance. This will keep your lips looking fresh, and protect your investment.
Recommended Reading: How To Remove Tattoo Ink From Skin
How Long Does The Permanent Lips Treatment Take
It is good to reserve 2-3 hours for this procedure, depending on your skin. A big part of the permanent lips color procedure is consultation, numbing, and pre-drawing to find the perfect shape. The time of service varies depending on how fast your skin takes the pigment and the look you are going for. The more we layer the pigment, the longer it takes.
Does The Aquarelle Lip Tattoo Hurt
The treatment doesnt really hurt, but it is a bit uncomfortable.
Before the tattooing starts, your lips are covered with a numbing cream that should eliminate any pain. You will, however, feel pressure and a scratching-like sensation. After all, the skin of your lips is pierced over and over again, albeit with a very thin needle.
If you start feeling pain at any point during the procedure, you can ask your artist to add more numbing.
What you should know, though, is that the aquarelle lips healing process entails some discomfort.
You May Like: Laser Hair Removal Over Tattoo
Why Do So Many People Love Lip Blush
- natural results that last 1-3 years
- defines the shape
- smudge-proof color
Enhancing your lip color with a natural-looking and long-lasting pigment is the latest trend. Meet lip blushing that corrects and refreshes lip color. This method gives fresh results without harsh lines, only a subtle blush of color. There are different styles and purposes of lip blushing from a very delicate and ultra-soft natural color from the nude palette to the lipstick effect. Tired of spending too much time lining and coloring your lips every day only to end up with mediocre results? All this work but still feeling insecure? Try lip blush and feel confident.
A high-quality solution for those who want a beautiful color that resembles a lip tint to a complete lipstick effect. No more:
- Smudging: Smudge-proof effect
- Uneven lips: Defines the shape and cupid bow
- Drawing: gives luxurious lip color
- Covering spots: Evens out spots on lips
- Discolored lips: Color corrects darkness in lips. Restores color on pale and aging lips
- Lips asymmetry: Gives an illusion of fullness and enhances the symmetry
Important Precare Steps Before Your Lip Tattoo Appointment
There are important steps that all clients should follow that you can start up to 1 year prior to your lip tattoo appointment. Following these steps carefully will ensure the best possible outcome for your lip tattoo.
The instructions below are generic, and you should instead follow the specific downloadable IVONNE Precare Guide, provided to you in your original confirmation email.
1 Year Before Your Appointment
Avoid using select skin care products containing certain ingredients. .
6 Months Before Your Appointment
Due to the potential for unknown ingredient concentration levels please avoid using any cosmetic or skincare products specified in your precare instructions, downloadable in your appointment confirmation email.
If you are using skincare products with ingredients that meet certain criteria you could be at risk for certain symptoms. Please refer to your downloadable IVONNE Precare Guide, for more information.
30 Days Before Your Appointment
Generally avoid the use of any skincare treatment that meets the criteria in your downloadable IVONNE Precare Guide, within the 30 days period leading up to your Lip Tattoo appointment.
2 Weeks Before Your Appointment
Avoid tanning and tanning beds for the 2 week period leading up to procedure. Avoid taking any anti-inflammatory drugs, aspirin, or other medication that my caused increased bleeding. Stay hydrated.
48 Hours Before Your Appointment
24 Hours Before Your Appointment
On The Day Of Your Appointment
You May Like: Saline Tattoo Removal At Home
How Much Does Lip Blushing Cost
The cost will totally depend on where you live and how skilled your tattoo artist is , but you can expect lip blushing to cost anywhere from $450 to $1500, with touch-ups ranging from free to $400. And please dont go for the cheapest deal just to save some cashthis is a tattoo thatll last for yearson your face. If it doesnt feel a little pricey, its probably too good to be true.
Does Lip Blushing Hurt
Your provider will apply a numbing product to your lips beforehand to help minimize pain and discomfort.
The lower your pain tolerance, the more discomfort you might feel. However, some people may not feel much pain at all. You may consider taking acetaminophen before your appointment to decrease your chances of feeling pain.
Recommended Reading: Laser Tattoo Removal Pictures After 1 Treatment
Lip Blushing Involves An Injection Of Color And Is Less Permanent Than A Tattoo
Lip blushing is when a permanent makeup artist pokes tiny holes and injects color into the epidermis, or top layer, of the skin, Rogers said.
Because lip blushing is a more superficial deposition of the pigment, the outcome is less permanent than a tattoo, which is formed after an artist injects color into the dermis, or middle layer, of the skin.
Kondratyev said the lip blushing process is more intricate than people realize. She first sets up initial consultations with her clients to determine what they are looking for and whether lip blushing is right for them. She then schedules a “lip mapping” to shape the area that will receive a tattoo.
The tattoo artist then numbs the lips for 15 to 20 minutes before starting, and continues to apply numbing cream during the two-hour procedure to ensure clients feel no pain.
Results take about four to six weeks to develop for lighter-pigmented lips, and six to eight weeks for darker-pigmented lips, Kondratyev said. Within those few weeks, the skin will shed, scab, and swell before clients can see their newly colored lips.
“The best way I can compare it is if you fall down and hurt yourself, you get a scab that scab falls off and you’re left with an area that’s either lighter or darker until that area is fully healed,” Kondratyev said. “The same way with the lips.”